Hi all.

I have been developing (on and off) an OCX control to use with a VB app.
that we developed a while back (before i started).

Anyway, one of the things we do is pass an RDO connection to the OCX (as a
variant) which works fine.
BUT one of the things wee need to do when adding a new record is Insert a
blank record, then update it with the data for that record.....there is a
reasn for it......But what is happening is, I do the insert, then I go to do
teh Update, and I get an ODBC error saying that the transaction has been
canceled.
After a wee bit, VB comes back with an error table person, column persion_id
is in use.
The insert and update are happening from stored procedures, one for the
insert and one for the update.

I have tried putting a delay between the insert and the update, but with no
success.

As a long shot, and last resort, I wondered if anyone has any suggestions.
The SIMPLe solution is to use ADO I know, BUT there are Lic. issues etc.

Cheers, Jeremy Coulter

This email or attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged
information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use, redistribution,
disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as intended, is prohibited.
If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and erase all
copies of the message, including any attachments.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email (unless otherwise stated) may not
represent those of Pegasus Health Ltd.