Quoting Mark Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> 1.
> I have started going through my app and removing from the Interface =
> sections of each unit any declarations that are not referenced by other =
> units.
>
> Apart from "good programming practice" are there any real benefits in =
> doin this?

I don't think it will make your apps smaller, as the linker will only link
referenced code in your app.

> 2. Where a procedure of function is used only within one other procedure =
> in a unit there are two choices - either
>
> procedure aaa:
> begin
>     do stuff
> end;
>
> procedure bbb;
> begin
>     procedure aaa;
>     other stuff
> end;
>
> OR
>
> procedure bbb;
>
> procedure aaa:
> begin
>     do stuff
> end;
>
> begin
>     procedure aaa;
>     other stuff
> end;
>
> Are there any real differences between the two? and if so what are they?

Embedding procedures within procedures is considered by some people to be bad
programming style. The advantage of the first approach is that obviously
procedure aaa will be accessible outside bbb.