I am currently looking at ADO as an alternative to Midas. Ive seen the D5
demo (RDS) where via an RDSconnection they have hooked an ADODataset to a
recordset property on a RemoteServer. However Id like to be able to send a
dynamic query to my server, which then executes my query and returns the
recordset.
Delphi help says:
The CommandText property should either specify the name of a property on
the associated business object or be an SQL query. (or is this misleading
and they are talking about a direct connection to a DB)
Does anyone know how you go about implementing this feature or seen anything
on the net about this. Thanks in advance.