To:                     Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From:                   "Mark Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: [DUG]:  Simple Email
Date sent:              Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:59:55 -0800

> Rohit
> Thanks very much for that - there is now a glimmer of light!
>
> So - there are 3 situations
>
> 1.  Single user system.  I manually dial up xtra and get a connection.
> When I run my original code (with some  Body text included) and SendMessage,
> it runs great. :-)
>
> 2.  The target system is a peer to peer Win98 network.  The modem is on the
> machine from which my app is running.
> They are running MDaemon.
> Do I understand correctly that in my original code, if I replace
> 'smtp.xtra.co.nz' with the target machine's IP address and run it then:
> - I will not get the error messages
> - The email message will be sent to MDaemon's outbox
> - and will be dispatched next time MDaemon connects??

Thats how it works here

> 3.  Back to situation1
> Is there a way to get the system to replace my manual dial up with an
> automatic dial up?

You need a RasDial thingabob.  I received three when I last
enquired about it here.  I got the second one going.  I can send you
that code if the author is happy about it, I will ask him first.

Regards

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]