The following text loaded into a richedit( e.g
RichEdit1.Lines.LoadFromFile('c:\example.rtf');) produces a ruling line.
Basically a line of spaces with underline turned on

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1033{\fonttbl{\f0\froman\
fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang5129\f0\fs24 Line One
\par Line Two
\par \ul
\par \ulnone Below Line\ul
\par }

To do it in code I'm not sure. Maybe something like:
  RichEdit1.DefAttributes.Style := [fsUnderline];
  RichEdit1.Lines.Add(StringOfChar(' ', 40));

Though I think it affects all lines. My guess is you will have to produce
syntax simular to the above.

If your text is pre-written. Try writing in Microsoft word. Load it into the
richedit demo and resave. This gets rid of a lot of rubbish plus you will
see what features work with the RichEdit component. e.g Micosoft's add line
does not show.