> > It will be impossible (IN THEORY) to write bad code.
>
> The quality of the code would depend of the quality of the design, and there
> would be nothing stopping people designing badly. :(

It will be impossible to have unstructured code - no 'gotos', now
endless loops, no bits missing from the design - cos the design
IS the code.

If the design and the code are the same thing then you cannot have one
that does not match the other and any missing bits would result in bits
missing from the programme - i.e., the output would not be complete.

Bad code is not code that does not 'do' the correct task - Bad code is
code that is poorly written and structured.  Bad programmes would
still be able to be produced but at least the code will be good quality.
IOW - the code will be nice code it just may not do the task.  To do
that would require mind reading and I am not into that (yet).

> > I have a strong programming background but have never written in Pascal
> > before and have never done any OO stuff except at uni (and that doesn't
> > count).
>
> No OO, you don't know what your missing out on!

Yes I do.  I am getting into it now.

> You could link your
> structure diagram code generator to a third party UML

Yuck, yuck yuck.  I HATE UML.  ....but, I know - it is new - it is
great - it is better then sliced bread.  The problem is that I prefer
my bread in chunks. ;-)

> design tool such as Object Domain or Model Maker.

That may very well be my PhD - or maybe it will be the version after that and
will form part of my retirement package - i.e., we are hoping to get a fully
commercial language out of this.

> Where they produced the class structure and
> general program behaviour source and you generated the code for each method.
> That in theory would work really nicely.

I know - we have thought about this.

Chrissy.