DLLs are "early" or "static" bound in "external" statements. You can however link dynamically using LoadLibrary to load the DLL.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jeremy Coulter
Sent: Saturday, 17 February 2001 22:31
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: late binding and DLL's

Hi all.
I have a set of components that require a specific DLL.
I have written a demo to show what the components can do etc. and I am making it a ONE exe demo. i.e. the DLL and another associated file are in a Resource file compiled into the exe.
BUT because Delphi "Appears" to do early binding, it says the the DLL does not exist....which it doesnt as it has not been extracted yet from the resource file.
If I comment out the main unit from the USES clause in the DPR source it is fine, appart from not running as the form doesnt exist.

SO, how am I going to get around this ?
My thought is to make anothe "Loader" exe that extracts both the exe and the DLL out of a resource file and runs the extracted exe,but there MUST be a way to do it just in the one EXE.

Can anyone help at all?

Cheers, Jeremy Coulter