Just found this code. May be what you are after. (If you haven't solved this
already)

procedure TForm1.SaveHTMLSourceToFile(const FileName: string;
  WB: TWebBrowser);
var
  PersistStream: IPersistStreamInit;
  FileStream: TFileStream;
  Stream: IStream;
  SaveResult: HRESULT;
begin
  PersistStream := WB.Document as IPersistStreamInit;
  FileStream := TFileStream.Create('c:\temp\temp.tmp', fmCreate);
  try
    Stream := TStreamAdapter.Create(FileStream, soReference) as IStream;
    SaveResult := PersistStream.Save(Stream, True);
    if FAILED(SaveResult) then
      MessageBox(Handle, 'Fail to save HTML source', 'Error', 0);
  finally
    { we are passing soReference in TStreamAdapter constructor,
      it is our responsibility to destroy the TFileStream object. }
    FileStream.Free;

Dave.