At 05:05 pm 25.05.01 +1200, you wrote:
>hi there all i am a hobbyist programmer, and i am wanting to create a
>binary file with in my program, i know how to do it  when creating a
>record. but what i am wanting to do is just assign the file to be
>binary.

Are you perhaps looking for ... "MyFile: File of Byte"

This declares a variable 'MyFile' to be of simple byte type. You can open
it, seek in it, and do anything you would normally do with a file of record.

I have used these many times in the past instead of "file of record" as it
gives me much more leeway.

Steve Peacocke