On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:45:15 +1200, you wrote:

>Hi All a Puzzle for us has been a windows error message from Win 95 98 machines when
>they
>go to open the Exe saying windows has insufficient resources and to close some
>programs.
>This does not help and win 95 2000 machines go fine.
>The exe is 11,281,150 K b at this stage but we have had as large that were not
>affected
>So maybe Windows is not giving us an accutate message and it is caused by something
>else

I assume (with an exe that large) that your app has lots of forms
and/or embedded graphics.

All of the Win95 family (incl 98 & ME) have very definite internal
limits.  Large applications can easily stress these.  It is almost
certain that you are exceeding these limits.  The limits for NT/W2K
are far higher.

One of the first things to do is to ensure that you do NOT autocreate
all your forms (Delphi creates code in your dpr to do this by
default).  Create your forms explicitly as late as possible (i.e. just
before you first use them) and destroy them as soon as possible.  Not
only will your application run better,  it will start faster.

Every component on every form consumes system resources (when the form
is created, even if not displayed).  An application with fewer, but
more complex forms (e.g. Tabbed subpages) may consume more resources
than one with many more forms.

>Any Hints greatly appreciated
>
>Regards Ian
>Ian Fear
>Fear Consulting Ltd
>1427 Te Kopia Rd
>RD 1
>Rotorua
>New Zealand
>Phone 64 7 333 1548
>Fax 64 7 333 2548
>mob 025 742 772
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>GMT +1200
>http://mysite.xtra.co.nz/~IJFear/

Peter S Ingham               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lower Hutt, New Zealand