Thanks Fill....a combination of you and Ben solved my ptoblem.

Pasically I decalre a vaiable like this :-

var
  aChartType   : TChartSeries;

Then I do

  case iSeries1Type of
    1: aChartType:=TPieSeries.create(nil);
    2: aChartType:=TBarSeries.create(nil);
    3: aChartType:=THorizBarSeries.create(nil);
    4: aChartType:=TFastLineSeries.create(nil);
    5: aChartType:=TAreaSeries.create(nil);
  end;

And then use aChartType to do the rest of the stuff like set the parent chart, assign
the variables to plot etc.

thanks, Jeremy Coulter

<PRE>

>  Case ChartType of
>     1: create series type, then plot it
>     2: create series type, then plot it
>     3: create series type, then plot it
>  end;

You might like to look at the ChangeSeriesType of Tchart which will change
from one to the another. Write for just one series, visible false and then change
type to desired one, visible =true.

</PRE>