Peter,

I'm not sure what your question refers to, but if it's my suggestion that
try-finally is dead then it concerns a neat little trick I got from a presentation by
Malcolm
Groves at the last Borcon - his IRestore interface. You can get the details from
Malcolm's web site at
http://www.madrigal.com.au/papers/solidcode/page3.htm

Happy to comment further if that doesn't address your issue.

Don Macrae

Peter Hyde wrote:

> Don wrote:
>
> > Auto gargage collection doesn't seem to me to summarize the
> > significance of this. You've removed the whole try finally nonsense
> > responsibility from the client. The client wants something, he just
> > asks for it. Simple. It's possible that interfaces kill the
> > try-finally construct stone dead.
>
> I'm following the whole interfaces discussion with great interest (we
> don't use 'em), but the above leaves me confused. Could you spell
> out/example the above a little more please if you have time?
>
> cheers,
> peter

> Peter Hyde, WebCentre Ltd & SPIS Ltd, Christchurch, New Zealand
> * Web automation for online periodicals: http://TurboPress.com
> * TurboNote+: http://TurboPress.com/tbnote.htm
>   -- handy onscreen notes and instant messaging

 Don Macrae,  Excellent Programming Company
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]