My first reaction is 'that can't be right!".  It would seem a silly
thing for Borland to do.  Surely it is more common to compile your
software on one computer and run it on several others.  It should be a
compiler option.

They are different processors but both have a FPU.  The larger EXE was
compiled on an AMD K6II-500, the smaller on an Intel PII-266.

I guess the next step is to compile an empty program and compare the
size.  I'll let you know the results.

Cheers,
Ross.