From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jeremy Coulter
Sent: Saturday, 1 September 2001 8:29 am
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Should be Offtopic but....

Hi All.
This email SHOULD be off topic I know, but I was unsure if the people I was trying to reach received offtopic emails.

Anyway. A while back, there were some posts about caller ID and how modems didnt seem to recognize caller id in NZ etc.

Well, an interesting thing came to my attention.
A guy at my work told me that he had an old 33k Dynalink voice modem that he was able to get to recognize caller id.
I was very sceptical because, well, this guy has been know to tell the odd pork.
So I borrowed a 56k voice modem we had just brought at work, and sure enough.....I got caller ID in my hyperterminal window !!!
I was completly amazed !
I now have a wee app. that sits in my task bar and captures calls etc. and using the MS Speech API I it "Tells" me who is calling.....it gets worse....I have built a wee unit to put a video overlay of the phone number and persons name on my TV.....ok its a bit sad I know....

SO...if anyone is vaguly interested, this info might be of some use.

Jeremy Coulter