Colin wrote:

>   What is so different about Excel?  I can call it from Explorer.
> I can even double-click on a .CSV file in explorer and start Excel

Ok, so try ShellApi's ShellExecute like this:

  ShellExecute(
    application.handle  //hWnd: HWND
    ,pchar('open')  //Operation: PChar
    ,pchar(AssociatedFile)  //FileName: PChar
    ,''  //Parameters: PChar
    ,''  //Directory: PChar
    ,SW_SHOWNORMAL  //ShowCmd: Integer
    );

> by association thus loading and displaying the file I clicked on.
>
> I have also tried connecting to Excel by setting up a Server Link to an Excel
>component on a form using D5 but somehow I'm missing something in the process.
>
>   Please :- How best should I do this? Preferably in the simplest way possible.
>Sample code would be appreciated.
>
>  TIA
>
>     Colin

cheers,
peter

Peter Hyde, SPIS Ltd & WebCentre Ltd , Christchurch, New Zealand
* http://BusinessDailyReview.com - daily analysis, strategy, ideas
* http://TurboNote.com - sticky notes and instant messaging
* Web automation for online periodicals: http://TurboPress.com