I have a programme which through a menu starts other programmes.
It is important to hide the task bar.

This is no problem except with one programme which restores the task bar
upon returning to my menu programme, despite the lines below:

procedure TForm1.AppOnActivate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  ShowWindow((FindWindowEx(0, 0, PChar('Shell_TrayWnd'), PChar(''))),
SW_HIDE);
  form1.WindowState := wsMaximized;
  form1.click;
end;

As soon as the user clicks, the taskbar disappears, but too late, they could
click the start button. I thought  'form1.click' would simulate a mouse
click. Apparently not so.

How can a simulate a mouse click?
Regards
Graham.