From an ease of use/capability point of view, I would rate it somewhere between QR and Nevrona's Report Builder.  Specifically, it is as easy as QR, and almost as capable as ReportBuilder, but you don't have to resort to code to do the sorts of things that ReportBuilder allows (and requires code for).

BTW, its is also very fast.  Usually faster than a comparable QR.

I stand to make nothing from endorsing this product. I'm just a happy user.  100% Delphi and source is available.  Nowhere near the number of bugs that QR has either.  If you can convince your Boss, its definitely worth a look: you'll be glad you did..

Sorry to not have any pointers on how to make QR behave.

Trevor
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 11:47 AM
Subject: [DUG]: Paradox SQL - Group totals as % of Grand total

Hi

Using SQL I want to assemble a dataset (to be used by a Quick Report) that will allow me to express each group total as a percentage of the grand total.

I can't calculate the percentage at the group level in the report because we don't have the total until the end, so it seems that I need to have the grand total read into the dataset.

Are there any tricky ways of achieving this? or is there no alternative to just doing a double pass through the dataset?

TIA

Mark