From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jeremy Coulter
Sent: Sunday, 7 October 2001 23:07
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Best way to load a DLL

HI all.
I am wondering what is the best way to load/use a dll from an app.

Currently, I am doing something similar to this :-

Function GetSomoething(iIndex:integer):smallint;stdcall; external 'mydll.dll';

This works fine, but what I am unsure about IS, is it better to do the above, or use LoadLibrary ?
By declaring the function to the above keep the DLL in memory the whole time the app. is running? or does it load the dll when the function is called?

Some thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Jeremy Coulter