Neven MacEwan wrote:
Tracey

Stylistic really I also finding typing pred(Count) is less error
prone the - 1 sometimes gets lost

Nice, I'm _gonna_ do this, given that about 2 weeks ago I caused a
*nasty* bug by accidentally checking in a function which deleted '+ 1' from the creation of a unique id.

Because the new and old versions were accessing the same ids,
the old versions were giving out (current n) + 1, then incrementing n,
and the new version would then give out (current n)
which was equal to previous n + 1.

Yay, love side effects.

Unique ids? We doan need no steenkeen unique ids.

Cheers, Kurt.