Title: Message
Use Toolbar 2000 (http://www.jrsoftware.org/) (or something like it) which will give you a nice toolbar style menu, and allow you to put whatever you like (TImage?) onto the end.

Stacey
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Mckenzie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2003 14:30
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Adding Icons to the Menu bar....

G'day

Does anyone know if icons can be added (preferably easily) to the menu bar - but not as a menu item...
What i need to do is add 4 icons to the menu bar, just after the last menu item.
I acn sort-of do this by adding blank menu items and setting a BMP for each item.
The problem is that  they are still clickable or loook clickable even if disabled - when the mouse goes over
the bevel edge appears to indicate they are menu items.

I could live with just turning off the bevel edge thing - but the menu is inherited and it is only the last 4 items I want to turn it off for.

Any help, ideas, suggestions much appreciated.

Regards
Paul McKenzie
Analyst Programmer
SMSS ltd.