Hello Leigh,
The below works to a point. If only the mainform is shown, it closes when
shutdown is activated, but any ensuing programs remain, OR the rest of the
shutdown procedure is interrupted until the shutdown button is pressed again.

Also, If I have the modal form active (dmon.Form1), then it raises an
error. I tried the following in
mainform.closequery
dmon.Form1.Destroy; //the modal form.

but still error.
Thanks,
Alistair+

Wednesday, March 5, 2003, 9:02:24 AM, you wrote:
LW> Hi Alistair,

LW> I thought that you need to override two message WM_ENDSESSION and
LW> WM_QUERYENDSESSION in your main form.

LW> Here is a sample.

LW>     procedure WMEndSession(var Message: TMessage); message WM_ENDSESSION;
LW>     procedure WMQueryEndSession(var Message: TMessage); message
LW> WM_QUERYENDSESSION;

LW> procedure TFormMain.WMEndSession(var Message: TMessage);
LW> begin
LW>   Close;
LW> end;

LW> procedure TFormMain.WMQueryEndSession(var Message: TMessage);
LW> begin
LW>   Message.Result := 1;
LW> end;

LW> Cheers