Ta,
I have the code for this component, so I will try to get rid of the problem myself.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 1 April 2003 12:47 p.m.
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: Re: [DUG]: Problem with D7

Dave wrote:

> I have a component I am trying to install into D7pro.
> This needs "DesignEditors.pas", which is there, but within this file the file
> "Proxies" is used.
> I can't find this anywhere on my machine. Is this a bug?

Not a bug. Proxies is bound into a design-only package for Delphi 7.
Borland have not allowed it to be redistributed. So basically you
need a version of that component which does NOT have a dependency on
DesignEditors.

If it is a supported third-party component, they should have a D7
version which meets that requirement. If it's an upgrade from one
made for D6 or earlier and now not supported, or something in-house,
you may be in trouble.

Useful reference if it's in-house or something you MUST adapt
yourself is this article from Borland entitled "Whatever happened to
Proxies.pas?":

http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27717,00.htm

cheers,
peter

Peter Hyde, SPIS Ltd, Christchurch, New Zealand
* TCompress/TCompLHA component sets for Delphi/Kylix/C++
* TurboNote+: http://TurboNote.com  -- top-rated onscreen sticky notes
Find all the above and MORE at http://spis.co.nz