John
Nope.  Have definitely NOT solved the problem.
I found a QRPreview app on the internet that I thought would do the
trick but it comes up with "Invalid metafile format" which suggests that
it only handles QRP files created by an older version of QR.
(This caused great excitement when I first tested it......on old QRP
files!)

But thanks for the post - I was thinking that I was the only one who had
ever wanted to do this!

Mark