Would be pretty straight forward to cobble one together with standard components. Take a look at Win3.1 Tab in VCL and look at Drive/Directory/File/Filter set of listboxes/comboboxes - everything else would be pretty easy to implement from here.

Laurie..

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 3:07 PM
Subject: [DUG]: Need component to imitate Windows Explorer

I need a component which will allow me to imitate Windows Explorer, to allow users access to a certain part of the file system. I need to be able to tie it down security wise as much as I want e.g. stop deletes, stop copies, stop renames, or allow all these things if appropriate. I've used an open dialog which seemed by the properties provided, to suggest I could restrict these things, but it didn't work. (With the particular scenario we have, it's not possible to just use windows security, otherwise I'd do it that way).

Any suggestions? TIA

Dave Jollie
Developer, TOWER NZ IT

(: 09 368 4259