From: "Allan, Samuel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Multiple recipients of list delphi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 4:34 PM
Subject: [DUG]: Automated build tool for packages

A colleague at my work has written an automated builder which uses the
command line compiler to compile packages.

Given a root directory, it finds all the packages in subfolders. You can
then choose the ones that you want to compile. It sorts out the
dependencies between the packages and recompiles dependent packages as
well. It compiles them in the right order, sorts out all the other
complications (of which there are many).

I thought that maybe there were people other than us who would find such
a tool very useful. I also thought it would be nice kudos for him. I am
approaching our boss to see if it could be released outside of us. We
don't normally give / sell our software to other people.

If released it would most likely be source code, no support, but works
for us. Would anyone actually be interested? If a small sum of money was
required (a possibility because someone in the chain of command will
ask), would anyone pay it? If no money was required how would we go
about making it open source?