TBX (A themes extension of Toolbar 2000) supports alpha transparency in
PNG's and includes an image list component that works as well.

Stacey

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Alister Christie
Sent: Friday, 29 June 2007 10:38
To: NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
Subject: Re: [DUG] Graphical User Interface Design

I'd avoid using BMPs for images on buttons and use PNGs instead.  You
wont be able to use the standard TBitBtn or TSpeedButton however.  You
could try
http://www.thany.org/article/32/PngComponents
which are free buttons that support PNGs is you don't already have a set

(and are small of wallet).

Alister Christie
Computers for People
Ph: 04 471 1849 Fax: 04 471 1266
http://www.salespartner.co.nz
PO Box 13085
Johnsonville
Wellington

Sean Cross wrote:
> Step 1:  Get high quality bitmaps for your buttons etc.  Don't use old
or nasty images.
> Step 2:  Big buttons with big images AND text.  Le the users remove
the text once they are experienced.
> Step 3:  Profit
>
> Regards
>
> Sean Cross
> IT Systems Development Manager
>
> Catalyst Risk Management
> PO Box 230
> 50 Dalton St
> Napier 4140
> DDI: 06-8340362
> mobile: 021 270 3466
> Visit us at http://www.catalystrisk.co.nz/
>
> Offices in Auckland, Napier, Wellington & Christchurch
>
> Disclaimer:
> "The information contained in this document is confidential to the
addressee(s) and may be legally privileged. Any view or opinions
expressed are those of the author and may not be those of Catalyst Risk
Management. No guarantee or representation is made that this
communication is free of errors, viruses or interference. If you have
received this e-mail message in error please delete it and notify me.
Thank you."