Thanks Berend, that puts a different spin on things.

the only reference I can find is a comment I saw somewhere that Delphi
2007 compiler doesn't handle variables in the search path. ?? not sure
if this is the case with you.

Good luck with it.

Oh, BTW: What exactly is Delphi doing? Is it when you compile, it
comes up with the message that "unit1.pas cannot be found"? Or is it
some other time?

Steve
--
Steve Peacocke