Hi

We have it sorted (kind of). We needed to set the locale to Greek as well as the keyboard. It mostly works now. (although our testing was actually in Arabic (not Greek). Our main app seems to display the data ok (in most places) with some components showing wrong characters or some screens and correct characters on others. At least we know we can kind of do it !

Rob Martin
Software Engineer

phone +64 03 377 0495
fax   +64 03 377 0496
web www.chreos.com

Wild Software Ltd

Robert martin wrote:
Hi

We are developing an add on to our software that needs to function in a number of countries (where English is not the language of choice). We don't as yet know what those countries are.

Our initial thought was to use Unicode however we have hit a number of major issues with Unicode. As the product is to integrate with an existing, non Unicode English only application this proves very tricky. i.e. clients would be entered in the plug-in but stored in the main app and displayed there as well. Also many of our components are not (or barely) Unicode complaint.

We are using Firebird as our database and see that we can define a language for a field / DB. So the thought is we might just ship a xxx langauge DB to each country. However I added a Greek field to one of our tables and when I enter some Greek and post the results are scrambled. Is there a step I am missing?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?