  From: Rohit Gupta
  To: NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
  Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 12:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [DUG] Controlling PC Hardware Ports

  If you are still persuing this, as mentioned,, you need to use ioport.  check
out this website

  http://www.winsoft.sk/

  I had to use it to write a threaded spooler for legacy, expensive serial
printers.

  Colin/Mina wrote:
    Hi,

      I want to monitor some code to ensure that I have some timing correct. I
was hoping to hook my oscilloscope to a readily available electrical signal
(Such as Serial Port RTS) and to add instructions in my code to set and clear
the appropriate modem port.

      Unfortunately the old Turbo Pascal instructions that allowed this, eg
                    Port[$2FC] := 2)                // Set b2 of Modem Register
and
                    Port[$2FC] := NOT 2)        // Clear b2 of Modem Register

         but these don't appear to be available in Delphi (not in D5 anyway).

      Any solutions please?

    Thanks

         Colin

signature database 3509 (20081009) __________