Ummm, the 64-bit version will. ;-)

________________________________

From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz]
On Behalf Of Jeremy Coulter
Sent: Friday, 7 August 2009 10:29 a.m.
To: 'NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List'
Subject: Re: [DUG] to Vista 64bit or not?

does windows 7 see all the RAM?

Jeremy

________________________________

From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz]
On Behalf Of Jolyon Smith
Sent: 7 August 2009 10:27
To: 'NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List'

The real question though is how much benefit you actually got from that
extra 0.5 - 1GB ?

I'm guessing not much.  Not really.  But if you've got a system equipped
with 6GB or 8GB... at that point 64-bit makes perfect sense (and if
you're the sort of user that is loading a 4GB system so heavily that the
extra 0.5-1GB *does* make a difference, you're probably the sort of user
that would like 6-8GB of RAM anyway and you've already long since moved
on to 64-bit).

But at 4GB I really don't think there's much in it, so whilst there may
not be a specific reason to use 32-bit, there's also no great compelling
reason to use 64-bit either, and a few *potential* reasons not to (lack
of 64-bit support for XYZ, where XYZ varies from individual to
individual) potential complications when running (some) 32-bit software
etc etc.

+0.02