[[JS]] > I want to wait and see if there is a posibility to compile Delphi
[[JS]] > for iPhone and/or Android.   If  Embarcadero are smart enough to
[[JS]] > jump into that hugely growing niche and it eventuates then Delphi
[[JS]] > could be a killer language again.

I see a problem with this little fantasy.

Just as Kylix could have been the killer language for Linux, the problem is
in supplying a community that expects/wants/thrives on "free" or "cheap"
with a product burdened by Enterprise scale pricing.

Inprise, sorry Embarcadero, are sadly seemingly intent on heading down this
Road to Nowhere once more.

e.g. when suggested that offering Delphi 2007 as an incentive to anybody
upgrading from BDS 2006 or earlier to Delphi 2010 (rather than wielding the
threat of removal of upgrade privileges) the response was "You can get that
already - just purchase All Access".

FAIL!