[Reply]

Hi Guys,

For most apps that we here in NZ would deal with, PHP works fast enough. Two
things can affect this:

1. Use a PHP accelerator that caches the compiled PHP - so you still have the
convenience of a scripting language, with the speed of a compiled one.

Having used Delphi to create web apps since last century ( or was that last
millenia ) I find PHP is just as fast.

2. Put emphasis also on how your application accesses the resources of the
server ... minimise file accesses etc .... put databases on another server ...
or at least a different HDD .....

To reiterate what has, or may have been said before, PHP is simple, easy to
program, and from my experience, a practical move for a Delphi programmer.

BUT, in moving to web apps from standard PC programming,  there is a lot more
to it, css, html, javascript, asynchronous vs synchronous design, and
understanding the systems involved (web servers, caching servers, tcp/ip .....)
. Good luck to you all!

cheers

Gary

At 19:15 on 6/06/2011 you wrote

>I don't know !? - I had a quick look at your website and clicked a bit
>around . but didn't encountered any errors. >
>On what page was the problem?
>

>Regards,
>Stefan

Ref#: 41006