Arjang Assadi wrote:
> Rich,
> The problem is to find out what Uttam is really after.
> The iranian or whatever calender is easyly achived by having a Unicode
> Calnder Control. How ever the displaying of dates would be a problem,
> e.g. 31/02/1371 is a valid date (in dd/mm/yyyy format) but there is no
> way to get the usual Calendar to accept 31st of feb for what ever
> year.
> So my question is that does he whant to display Iranian dates with a
> calender that accepts any date values or a real iranian calender where
> the characters are also in Farsi.
>
>  for a screen shot of a farsi calnder component look at
> http://www.farsicomponents.com/shdatepicker.htm
>
> there is an open source java farsi component on source forge.
>
> HTH
>
> On 8/24/05, Rich Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Can you send an image of an Iranian calendar?  I doubt if most of
>>us have ever seen one.  With an image, we may be able to offer suggestions
>>about how to implement it.

My guess is that he's not looking to simply translate the
calendar; but is rather looking to implement a calendar control
for the Muslim Religious calendar, which is a lunar based
calendar that doesn't jibe in simple fashion with the Gregorian
solar calendar; it's similar to the Jewish Religious calendar,
but has different months and start date.

The only place I've seen solid logic for working with various
calendars like this is this book:

Title: Standard C Date/Time Library:
   Programming the World's Calendars and Clocks