John Dammeyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an application that originally ran under WIN-98 and runs on my WIN-XP
> PRO system and also my WIN-XP laptop.  But both of those also have Delphi-5
> installed.  When I move the app over to a WIN-XP system and that doesn't
> have Delphi and try and run it the disk chatters for a moment and then
> nothing.  Task manager briefly shows something is running but it's there and
> gone too quickly to see.
>
> So I'm guessing that I'm missing a fairly standard system DLL that isn't on
> my install list.  Is there some sort of writeup or method of determining
> which DLLs a Delphi app needs?

First guess: Did you perhaps build with Runtime Packages enabled? (Look
under "Project>Options>Packages" there's a "Build with Runtime Packages"
checkbox near the bottom of the tab).

Having this turned on means you must distribute any packages listed in
the edit box just above with your App in order for it to work.

Normally missing packages result in a pretty recognizable error message,
but I can imagine something like you describe resulting depending on
several factors.

HTH

Stephen Posey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message and its attachments are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential,
 proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copying, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
 you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to the address listed in the From:
 field and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.