---- Borland's Delphi Discussion List <delphi@elists.org> wrote:

> > Is time for me to drop Delphi and start learning that .Net stuff?
>
> You can write .net application using Delphi today !
> You don't need to abandon Delphi to write .NET applications. Just continue
> to use Delphi !

Anyone thinking of switching from Delphi just to get to .NET might want to read
this blog:

  http://randymagruder.blogspot.com/

Look at the section "Why the developer elites are wrong...".  Other entries are
interesting too, but this one is particularly relevant to the "Delphi vs. .NET"
question.

Also, Evans Data Corporation has recently released the results of their
"Developers Choice-IDE Studies"; a comparative survey of the major development
IDEs.

Out of 11 major devlopment IDEs or environments they inquired about, Delphi won
or placed in several categories, including:

* Compiler / Interpreter (1st Place)
* Debugger (1st Place)
* Editor (3rd Place)
* Make/Build Function (2nd Place)
* Compiler Performance (1st Place)
* Performance of Resulting Applications (1st Place)
* Ease of use (1st Place)
* Ability to Integrate Third Party Tools (3rd Place)
* Availability of Third Party Tools (2nd Place)

You can get a free "Score Card" synopsis of the results and order the full
version for $79.95 (hmmm) here:

  http://evansdata.com/devchoice_ide_scorecard.php?s=edc

I actually got a free copy because I participated in the survey. I'll forward
it to anyone who's REALLY interested, especially if you think it might
influence someone's opinions about using Delphi.

Stephen Posey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]