>As a matter of course when I create functions or procedures to deal with
>data in my objects I always add the sender :Tobject declaration.  But do
>I need to.  What exactly does this provide in a local private or public
>function/procedure.  Do I even need to declare it?  If I do, how do I
>use 'sender'?

Sender is for "OnEvent" handlers so you can find out which (typically VCL
control)
was responsible for invoking the event.

Not likely to be of much use if you are just calling methods that do some
internal
operation on your own object.

You don't need to have the Sender parameter, even for OnEvent handlers if
you are
using them for your own purposes.

Ken