From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Meek
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 6:11 AM
To: delphi@elists.org
Subject: Help w/Registered File Types

Morning all,
        I have an urgent need that I hope someone here can help me figure
out how to handle, involving how to find out the full path and filename of
an application via it being the registered file type for a selected data
file!
        In my application, the user selects a data file, for example a .doc
file which on most systems will be registered to open with Microsoft Word.
How can my application find out if it has a registered application, what its
registered application is, and return the path and filename of it to the
user without actually launching the data file?
        Thanx in advance for any help!

from Robert Meek dba "Tangentals Design"
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]