On Oct 31, 2011, at 4:16 PM, mar...@redhat.com wrote:

> so this means that Thin::Runner will set the PID. Do we also need to
> remove the PIDFILE for stop() or does thin do this for us?

Good point :-) I checked our code and the '--pid' option is available
only when deltacloudd is started using '--daemon' option, which will
automatically fork deltacloud on background using the 'daemons' gem.

This gem has ability to remove the PID file after the server is properly
stopped. The killproc bash macro should stop server properly enough to
give 'remove_pid_file' method time to clean stuff.

However my patch need to be updated to use the '--daemon' option and
get rid of '&'.

Thanks for catching this,

-- Michal

Michal Fojtik, mfoj...@redhat.com