In our implementation, we should use metadata to indicate actual
MachineAdmin uses username and password, not certificate.  I believe in the
response to Cloud Entry Point, there should be a section for EntityMetadata
which should have something like this.

      <EntityMetadata xmlns="http://www.dmtf.org/cimi";>

      <self>http://example.org/types/machine_admin/machine_admin_01</self>

        <typeURI>http://www.dmtf.org/cimi/MachineAdmin</typeURI>

        <name>Machine Admin #1</name>

        <attribute name="username" namespace="http://example.org/";
      type="string" required="true" />

        <attribute name="password" namespace="http://example.org/";
      type="string" required="true" />

      </EntityMetadata>

That piece of information should be part of the CloudEntryPoint response
(also depends on driver, where EC2, or Mock driver requires different
things), with that, client will know how to deal with MachineAdmin. Also
notice the first child element of EntityMetadata has been changed to <self>
from <uri> in the latest spec, which I think makes the spec worse.
Everybody knows what URI means, element <self> makes very little sense.

Thanks.

Tong Li
Emerging Technologies & Standards
Building 501/B205