I'm not quite sure what this would constitute, beyond a trivial base class or a
consistent start/stop API. Every context has quite different requirements in my
experience, and the hard part is linking the context to the start/stop points,
and to whatever backs the context, not the actual context implementation.

Do you have some ideas about what utilities you need?