I think a high level roadmap, showing how we get from here to 1.0, will help a
lot:

* it will give users confidence that their favourite feature will be added
* it will give people planning new projects based on CDI an understanding of
when they can start adding DeltaSpike to their project, and allow them to plan
out their work better
* it will allow people (like JBoss projects such as Aerogear) to understand
when they should plan to incorporate DeltaSpike
* will give people interested in adding features to DeltaSpike (such as some of
the Seam contributors) an understanding of when it's a good idea to start
working on it
* it will give us a clearer understanding of what our priorities are
* generally, it gives a picture of "good health" to a project

On this high level roadmap, we would just have some very basic info e.g.

0.4, targeting 01-01-2001:

* IDM
* Spring bridge
* securing REST resources

(all for example ;-)

Obviously, this would need a big warning at the top, that this is the proposed
roadmap.

On 20 Jul 2012, at 18:13, Bruno Oliveira wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> +1
>
> Are you talking about the part 4 from
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Security+Module+Drafts,
>  right? I think that Shane has been working in some ideas to the
> authentication API and maybe we could start the discussions about IDM, count
> me in for it.
>

> Do you have plans or ideas to authenticate REST resources and token based
> authentication?

I think we should, especially if we can have someone like you help us with
documenting the use cases and requirements on the page you mention :-D