On 25 Jul 2012, at 08:05, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> CMS should be fine for this requirements then it needs some work but offers
> all the needed hooks.
>
> At least for consistency with other apache projects (a lot migrated to the
> cms) i think it is good to use it.

I agree, it seems like a good tool.

> I know this topic will be frustrating for half of the people engaged here
> since red hat and apahe guys doesn't currently use the same tools but i
> think/hope nobody will feel frustrated once the doc will be in place.

We're not really that far apart.

We've started to move over to a very similar set of tools:

* awestruct, which is kinda like the CMS, but different
* markdown, for shorter docs (e.g. READMEs)
* asciidoc for longer docs (explained the differences elsewhere :-)

Awestruct is addresses half of what Apache CMS does, it is the bit that reads
in a source file, and spits out the HTML. It doesn't do the "continuous
integration" and "workflow" bits, where you check into some SCM, and then the
CMS picks this up, and asks for confirmation to publish, you are left to do
that yourself.

So the overall idea is very similar, just the details are different.