Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
right

the question here is do we want to use it or not internally (cdi-query was
based on it no? and i think it avoid to repeat too much code, we could
handle the annotation indirection you speak about to be clearer in APIs)

if we dont' want to use it, it can wait CDI-110 otherwise we can push it
now (maybe take servicehandler code but removing javassist?)

Javassist was only used so that we could support abstract classes as well. I think this is a useful feature, but I agree that the javassist dependency is problematic.

Something that has been on my list to do for quite a while is write a single class ProxyFactory with no outside dependencies, that can just be copied or shaded into whatever project needs it.

Stuart

i'm still not very clear about DS and its CDI targets: saw CDI 1.0 is a
target so maybe we should address it even if CDI 1.1 answer later to this
question...i'm not very concerned about it but it should be taken into
account i think

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*
*Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com*