rats...I turned on 'typeset barlines literally' and now Denemp Print View shows that Lilypond can't typeset score...
I took out the 'offending' repeats and still get the message... On Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:38:14 AM PST Richard Shann wrote: > On Sat, 2016-11-19 at 23:01 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote: > > I've attached what I'd like to do, it 'seems' like such an easy thing... > > > > The example is in measure 73 of the attached PDF. > > Well there are a number of unusual constructs in bar 73, I've done some > of it in the attached sample: > * I turned on "Typeset Barlines Literally" as second-guessing > where automatic barlines will come can become tedious. The > downside is you have to manually beam the music. > * I used the ordinary start/end repeat bars, but the ones with > flags on are also available with a slightly different \bar > "xxxx" LilyPond syntax (see LilyPond manual). > * I used the RepeatMeasure command, but had to tweak the height of > the % sign in LilyPond, I don't know why - could do with a bug > report... > > I didn't tackle the strange 5-naturals key signature, that would > normally be a change from (say) 5-flats, but not here - you could try > the LilyPond manual, or the LilyPond snippet repository or the > [email protected] mailing list to find out how to do this. > > Bottom line is that this sort of music notation requires plenty of > direct work with LilyPond syntax (or use of a drawing program on the > output). > > Richard > > > On Saturday, November 19, 2016 10:00:17 PM PST Richard Shann wrote: > > > On Sat, 2016-11-19 at 12:15 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote: > > > > thanks Richard, I should have remembered to upgrade my > > > > commands...third time's a charm! I now have the Polymetric Staffs > > > > feature in my menu. > > > > > > > > The problem of displaying the barline ONLY in timpani has not > > > > changed, > > > > however. > > > > > > > > In your example (the example you attached), when I change the > > > > Polymetric Staffs to conditional in: > > > > Movements->Movement Properties Editor->Polymetric Staffs > > > > > > > > I easily toggle the 'conditional' directive to: > > > > 'Ignore for the Layout for Part "TrebleRecorder" > > > > > > I think you mean, "When I make the PolymetricStaffs directive > > > conditional with the condition "Ignore the Layout for Part > > > "TrebleRecorder"" > > > > > > which wouldn't ever be a useful thing to do, since that layout has (I > > > presume) only one staff, and so there couldn't be any bar lines or time > > > signatures on other staffs conflicting. The directive just allows you to > > > have independent stuff on different staffs in the same Score Layout. > > > > > > I think you would want to have Polymetric staffs unconditional in all > > > the use-cases I can think of... Perhaps a drawing of what you want to > > > achieve? > > > > > > Richard _______________________________________________ Denemo-devel mailing list [email protected] https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/denemo-devel
