On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 11:33 +0000, NagyMusic wrote: > My apology for writing again about this issue. Currently, I'm testing > Solus 3 Budgie on Macbook Pro. Since Solus is not based on Debian, the > only option well, you can build it - see http://denemo.org/hacking-sources/
> to install Denemo on this Linux distro seemed to download a binary > package for GNU Linux (http://denemo.org/downloads-page/) and execute > the.sh file. I followed the instructions posted on the website as well > as your advice listed below, but with no luck. I'm listing my steps > below. > > * After I downloaded the binary package, you don't actually mention which binary package you downloaded - I guess http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-2.2.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz (you right click on the link to copy the URL of the actual file you are downloading). > * I extracted it on the desktop. > * I used terminal to move to the directory > ~/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0 > * Then I entered ./Launch_Denemo.sh to execute the file. > 1. After pressing enter, I received the following list of > messages in the terminal: > ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line > 10: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas: No > such file or directory > > mkdir: cannot create directory '/home/live/fonts': File exists > > ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line > 33: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/fc-cache: No such file or > directory > ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line > 34: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/pango-querymodules: No > such file or directory > ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line > 35: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo: No such file or > directory I presume /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo *does* exist (do ls -l /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo to check), and so this will be the problem that you have a 64-bit system and the denemo binary you downloaded will be a 32-bit one. There is a link on the downloads page to some guidance about getting your o/s to run 32-bit binaries. Alternatively, ask Jeremiah to build a 64-bit binary for GNU/Linux. Richard _______________________________________________ Denemo-devel mailing list [email protected] https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/denemo-devel
