I have just tested on Ubuntu 20.04. It complains that it needs guile-2-2-libs
and libgdk-pixbuf-2.0.0. The first one I can easily install, but the latter one
is not available in Ubuntu; it seems that it is called libgdk-puxbuf2.0.0
instead. So one could either create a dummy package or build denemo from source.

Andreas