On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Nick Chalko wrote:

I think we should call generated version classes  VersionStamp.
This should reduce confusion with our Version interface.

FWIIW: The naming of 'Version' was used because the discovery code was designed with the end-user (not us) in mind. Folks out there have classes they call Version thay we wanted to pick up. That said, we could teach it more aliases.

BTW: What (really) is the difference between VersionMarker and VersionStamp? We need to get out terminology correct, I agree, I just don't have the answers...

regards,

Adam