Continuing discussion WRT Ant on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: repository
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:35:39 +0200
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel

Steve Loughran wrote:
I have just committed a repository task. In theory it will support
repositories other than maven, but there is only maven support right
now.

<getlibraries destDir="${lib.dir}">
<mavenrepository/>
<library archive="commons-logging" project="commons-logging" version="1.0.1"/>
</getlibraries>

Still to do:
-a good security model. Verifying MD5 on the ibiblio site is inadequate.
-extract proxy info from the current JVM.
-the test failure on resolving references.

I applaude this effort :-)

Maybe you know the Depot project in the Incubator... well, we are
closing it for lack of development. I should have known better, but we
always learn something.

In any case, there is some code there that you may want to
grab-use-whatever, or even grab it all and use it in Ant. It's already
in Apache, so you an just go there and grab it.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/depot/trunk/?root=Apache-SVN
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/depot/trunk/update/whiteboard/mmay/?root=Apache-SVN
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/depot/trunk/update/src/java/org/apache/depot/update/?root=Apache-SVN

There are also Ant tasks.