On Sep 24, 2004, at 10:27 PM, Jennifer B Machovec wrote:

The portions of code that are contributed by IBM remain under IBM
copyright, even if the individual IBM copyright notices are stricken from
the main files. The statement in the NOTICE file just serves as an
indicator to others that IBM owns some of the code contained in Derby.

Is there some reason that IBM is unwilling to transfer copyright and related IP to the ASF?

Traditionally, the only time we distribute code under someone else's copyright is when we are including other works as a convenience for our users, such as packaging something in a distribution. Otherwise, we tend not to host projects owned by other entities. Sourceforge is good for that.

geir

Cheers,

Jennifer Machovec

"Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/24/2004 07:35 AM
Please respond to "Derby Development"