I did some debugging as to why this happens. I think the way DRDAConnThread handles calls to relative could be problematic ( still need to dig more though).
As I had put several breakpoints in my debugger, one interesting thing I found in Network Server is that a call to relative() method in the resultset does not go through
the realtive implementation in EmbedResultSet, whereas in Embedded mode it goes through this method.

The Network server uses other methods to achieve this I think, I'm trying to still figure the exact code path. Any specific reason why it happens this way?

~ Shreyas

Satheesh Bandaram wrote:

I will take a look. I submitted the patch for Shreyas and made sure the test passes on embedded driver, but didn't check Network framework. Will do so now..

Satheesh

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

I'm seeing jdbcapi/testRelative failing when running with the IBM DB2
universal client and network server. This would seem to be related to
Derby-186. Is anyone looking at this to see if it's a test issue, IBM
DB2 driver issue or a Derby issue?

Dan.

*** Start: testRelative jdk1.4.2_06 DerbyNet derbynetmats:jdbcapi
2005-04-07 11:45:44 ***
6 del
< isFirst=false isLast=false isAfterLast=true
7 del
< FAIL -- unexpected exception
8 del
< SQLSTATE(24000): SQL Exception: Invalid cursor state - no current row.
9 del
< SQL Exception: Invalid cursor state - no current row.
9 add

isFirst=false isLast=false isAfterLast=false
Value=work1

Test Failed.
*** End:   testRelative jdk1.4.2_06 DerbyNet derbynetmats:jdbcapi
2005-04-07 11:46:01 ***